If you’re like the majority of people you do not think about the inner workings of a refrigerator until it stops cooling, or it is time to buy a new model. In order to get the most out of this invaluable appliance it can be extremely good to understand exactly how it keeps your food and drinks cold—and Yves Burns, the owner of Done-Right Davie Appliance Repair, is here to explain.
Read below to learn what you might need to know about how a refrigerator runs, how it cools your food and if it’s the right time to call an appliance repair company in Davie, FL.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You will not find too many homes that do not have a refrigerator in the kitchen. It’s been a standard kitchen appliance for a lot of years now. A household refrigerator will store food at the best temperature, in order to prevent spoilage and stop harmful bacteria. The concept of refrigeration works by distributing the heat from the interior of the refrigerator to the exterior, using principles of evaporation and condensation.
The primary components of a refrigerator are below. For questions or service in Davie, FL call Done-Right Appliance Repair:
A compressor is a combo of a pump and motor, and it’s necessary for the circulation of refrigerant dispensed in the system.
The compressor is a very important part of a refrigerator. You should enlist a Davie appliance repair service if the compressor isn’t working.
The condenser is attached on the back exterior wall of the appliance and will help to disperse the heat collected from within the refrigerator out to the surrounding air.
The evaporator is housed on the interior of a refrigerator where it absorbs the warmth held within it, thereby reducing the temperature inside.
The moment the evaporator stops working, it is time to hire a professional appliance repair service in Davie, FL. You should not wait until it is too late.
Liquified coolant is transferred through a capillary tube which acts as an expansion tool as it cools the gas inside, thereby transforming it into a liquid.
The thermostat helps regulate the current temperature throughout a refrigerator, beginning a new cooling period when it is appropriate.
The thermostat inside of a refrigerator is often prone to problems. Troubleshoot and call a professional repairman in Davie for repair right when an issue occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Right when the temperature inside the refrigerator is above the set point sensors alert the refrigerator compressor to start, and the cooling cycle starts. The unit draws in the cold liquid refrigerant, condenses and pressurizes the liquid, and raises the temperature, turning it into a gas form.
2. The refrigerator compressor pushes the hot gas towards the condenser coils on the outside of the refrigerator, at which point it comes in contact with the lower air temperature in the home and transforms back to a liquid form.
3. The cool liquified gas then continues on its trip towards the refrigerator evaporator, making its way through the coils within the refrigerator and freezer.
4. The coolant absorbs the heated air from within the appliance, thereby returning the temperature down to the correct set point.
5. The coolant then will evaporate, and will return back into a gas state, and returns to the compressor unit to continue the cycle.
Refrigeration is often found in a lot of applications and household appliances, this includes heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and residential freezers. By extracting warmth from a single location and then distributing it to a different one the cycle of refrigeration helps cooling a house, provides a safe environment for food that is perishable, and also helps with the manufacturing and storage of several different common products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator require service? Time to schedule repair with Done-Right Davie Appliance Repair in Davie, FL.
Done-Right Davie Appliance Repair will fix most popular models of refrigerators – includes industrial models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our service technicians in Davie, FL undergo training to repair and troubleshoot cooling issues, broken ice makers, condensation, water puddles and leaks, bulbs, touch controls, smart controls and various issues. We know refrigerator repair! Schedule now!
Done-Right Davie Appliance Repair
4731 SW 83rd Terrace #101 Davie, FL 33328